DUBLIN, August 9, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The “Latin America Data Center Storage Market – Industry Analysis and Forecast 2022-2027” report has been added to from ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
The Latin America The data center storage market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.94% from 2022 to 2027.
The data center storage market includes several products such as hard drives, solid state drives, storage area networks and other infrastructure. This infrastructure is essential for efficient data center storage.
The data center market in Latin America has experienced strong growth over the past five years. Especially after the COVID-19 outbreak, the demand for cloud and colocation services has exploded in the market. In 2021, Brazil continued to dominate data center storage space, while Mexico and Chile were the upcoming destinations for storage spending in Latin America.
The market is also dominated by the expansion of global and local cloud service providers in the region. Further, the demand is driven by government digitization initiatives to support the growing consumption of online content by consumers in the region.
- The Latin America data center storage market is driven by increasing digitalization, accelerating data center investments, especially by cloud service providers, and adoption of advanced storage technologies, such as NVMe and software-defined storage.
- Cloud service providers are major contributors to Latin America data center storage market. Expand cloud presence by establishing multiple cloud regions in countries such as Brazil, Mexico, Chile, Colombiaand Argentina will drive the adoption of high-performance storage in the market.
- In 2021, all-flash and hybrid storage systems contributed about 65% of market revenue, while traditional HDD-based systems dominated in terms of capacity.
- Contributing to storage expenses for enterprises in other countries is mostly limited to on-premises deployment. Major countries have seen strong growth in data center outsourcing services, particularly colocation and managed services.
- Most of the investments will come from telecommunications service providers in several countries of the Latin Americaas they continue to invest in improving connectivity and offering IT services to end users.
- Edge data center deployments and establishment of edge cloud regions by hyperscale operators will significantly drive the market growth.
- Storage architecture/topology, network-attached storage (NAS) dominates market adoption, followed by storage area networks (SAN) and direct-attached systems (DAS).
- The adoption of technologies such as big data and IoT through digitization initiatives by local businesses will drive the purchase of all-flash and hybrid array systems.
- In Latin Americacloud, IT and telecommunications is expected to see the fastest growth in data center storage, due to factors such as enterprise cloud adoption, edge data center development due to 5G deployments and initiatives such as the pay-as-you-go model for cloud storage.
KEY MARKET TRENDS
Increasing Innovation in Data Center Storage
- Innovations in storage media that are expected to impact the storage market in Latin America include the adoption of DNA and holographic storage.
- Tape storage is also returning to the storage market, with companies such as Quantum (LTO-9, LTO-8 and LTO-7 tape drives) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise (LTO Ultrium) bringing tape storage to market. .
ADOPTION OF SOFTWARE-DEFINED STORAGE
- Software-defined storage is expected to be used more and more in data centers over the next few years, mainly due to the fact that more than 80% of the data generated is unstructured, which makes it more difficult to store it in a traditional storage system.
- Although software-defined storage use cases are currently minimal in the Latin American market, its adoption will increase, along with the adoption of hyperconverged platforms/rack-level architecture, even in on-premises deployments in Latin America.
- Brazil contributed approximately 40% to storage spending in 2021. It is expected that Mexico and Chile will bloom in 2022-2023, continued Colombia and Argentina during the period 2024-2026.
- About 25% of large companies in Brazil have embraced artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies, contributing to the strong growth of high-performance storage systems in the market.
- In other Latin American countries, there is currently a small presence of third-party data center services, which is expected to grow with investments from technology companies and cloud service providers, thus contributing to the growth of the storage market.
- In Latin AmericaThe data center storage market is highly competitive, especially with the advent of ODM infrastructure purchased by hyperscale operators for their storage needs.
- The major acquisition of storage infrastructure in Latin America is performed by cloud service providers involved in rapid expansions across the region with additional cloud regions. These operators are involved in the acquisition of storage systems, ranging from low to high performance storage solutions.
- Storage infrastructure vendors such as Huawei, Fujitsu, IBM, HPE, NetApp, Pure Storage and Dell Technologies have a strong presence in the region, either directly or through reseller/distributor partners.
- Dell Technologies
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE)
- Hitachi Vantara
- Kingston Technology
- Pure storage
- Samsung Electronics
- Seagate Technology
- western digital
- Wistron (WIWYNN)
Main topics covered:
1 Research methodology
2 research objectives
3 Research process
4 Scope and coverage
4.1 Market definition
4.2 Base year
4.3 Scope of the study
5 Report assumptions and caveats
5.1 Main caveats
5.2 Currency conversion
5.3 Market Derivation
6 The market at a glance
7 premium previews
8 Market Opportunities and Trends
8.1 5G and Edge data center deployments
8.2 Adoption of NVME storage
8.3 Adoption of software-defined storage
8.4 Adoption of tape storage
8.5 Innovations in storage media
9 Market Growth Catalysts
9.1 Impact of Covid-19
9.2 IoT and big data processing
9.3 Growing Flash Storage Deployment
9.4 Increased Adoption of Ai and Ml Workloads
9.5 Cloud Adoption Dominates Storage Spending
9.6 Increasing Investment in Colocation Data Centers in the Region
10 Market Restrictions
10.1 Supply Shortages
10.2 Lack of skilled labor
10.3 Cybersecurity issues
11 Market landscape
11.1 Market Overview
11.2 Market Size and Forecast
11.3 Five forces analysis
12 Storage architecture
12.1 Market Overview and Growth Driver
13.1 Market Overview and Growth Driver
13.2 Traditional storage
13.3 All-Flash Storage
13.4 Hybrid Storage
14.1 Market Overview and Growth Driver
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/hrxxqy
Research and Markets
For EST office hours, call +1-917-300-0470
For USA/CAN call toll free +1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours call +353-1-416-8900
US Fax: 646-607-1904
Fax (outside the US): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets