Sara Lee Frozen Bakery Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Peanuts in Pecan Pies | Business
OAKBROOK TERRACE, Illinois – (BUSINESS WIRE) – May 11, 2021 –
Sara Lee Frozen Bakery today announced the recall of specific lots of Sara Lee, Chef Pierre and Devonshire Pecan Pies produced between March 4 and April 1, 2021, as the product may contain undeclared peanuts. People who have a severe allergy or sensitivity to peanuts are at risk of a serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume the product.
This press release contains multimedia. See the full version here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210511006245/en/
Recalled product codes (Graphic: Business Wire)
The product was distributed nationwide through foodservice distributors. The details of the recalled product are as follows and consumers who believe they have purchased the recalled lot codes are urged to confirm the lot code with the place of purchase.
- Sara Lee Individual 4 oz Pecan Pie Slices, Case of 24 SKU # 5117 produced March 5, 2021, marked with lot code # C050641C and UPC transport unit 032100051118. Individual pie slices have a lot code printed on the top of the package.
- Sara Lee 4 oz Sliced Pecan Pie Individually Wrapped, Case of 48 SKU # 7144 produced March 4-11, 2021, marked with lot codes # C050631C and # C050701C and UPC transport unit 032100051118. Individual pie slices have a lot code printed on the top of the package.
- Chef Pierre 10 ” Part-Baked Southern Pecan Pie 36 oz, Case # 9273 Produced March 4, 2021, Batch Code # C040631C and UPC transport unit 032100092739.
- Chef Pierre 10 ” Pre-Baked Pecan Pie 10 ”, 36 oz, case SKU # 9375 produced April 1, 2021, bearing lot code # C050911C and UPC transport unit 032100093750.
- Devonshire Bake Shop 10 ” Southern Style Pre-Baked Pecan Pie, 36 oz, case SKU # 8994 produced April 1, 2021, marked with lot code # C040911C and UPC transport unit 758108399877.
No illness or injury has been reported to date. This recall was initiated due to unintentional cross-contamination of raw pecans in shells with residual peanuts during agricultural transport and storage of the pecans by a supplier. Immediate steps were taken to prevent a recurrence. Sara Lee Frozen Bakery is recalling with the full knowledge and cooperation of the United States Food and Drug Administration.
Sara Lee Frozen Bakery has called on all affected distributors to recall and destroy all products on the market. Images of the products are attached and available at https://saraleefrozenbakery.com/foodservice/our-products/. Consumers who believe they have purchased recalled lot codes are asked to confirm the lot code with the location of purchase and request a full refund if the UPC and lot code match what is stated above. Consumers with questions can contact the company by email at [email protected] or 1-800-323-7117 between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. EST Monday through Friday.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210511006245/en/
CONTACT: Natalie Boscia
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA ILLINOIS
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: SUPERMARKET SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT FOOD / BEVERAGE RETAIL
SOURCE: Sara Lee Frozen Bakery
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 05/11/2021 5:51 p.m. / DISC: 05/11/2021 5:52 p.m.
Copyright Business Wire 2021.